Frequently asked questions (FAQ)

Where can I find pricing info for dried harlequin fencing?

Click on « Free quote » and explain your project to us. We’ll be happy to help you make it a reality!


Does Salix Factory take care of fence installation ?

Salix Factory doesn’t offer installation services, but we do have licensed installers all across various regions of Quebec. Plus, with our handy installation guide, certain projects are easy enough to install on your own!


What materials do you use for your dried fences?

We use shrub-form willow stems woven around hot galvanized steel posts.
Each panels structure, meanwhile, is made from larch, oak or hemlock.


Does Salix Factory do custom projects (doors, roofs, pergolas, etc.)?

Absolutely! We invite you to reach out to us to discuss any and all particular projects you have in mind.


Is it possible to only attach the panels to the ground without digging a hole (e.g. on a balcony or a patio)?

We can supply equipment for standard panels, but we’ll have to evaluate the technical feasibility of the situation first.


What are the panel’s dimensions?

The standard width of our panels is 1.52 metres.
Height can range between 4, 6, 8 or 10 feet, and the thickness is 5 inches.


Does the lifespan differ between a dried natural fence and a barkless dried fence?

The average lifespan of both is estimated to be in the ballpark of 20–25 years.


Is the installation of your fences similar to that of conventional fences?

It is! Our fences are installed in the same manner as more conventional fences.


What maintenance is required for dried fences?

None at all! Also, we don’t recommend applying any chemicals products (e.g. varnish).


My neighbours are a noisy bunch. Can I use a noise barrier to block them out?

While our noise barriers do protect against noise, they are only reserved for commercial and municipal customers. Our fences, sadly, don’t have the acoustic properties you seek to block out your neighbour’s noise.
If you’d like to take advantage of having a noise barrier near you, please make a request to the appropriate local representative.